Michelin’s MOVIN’ ON 2017 Sustainable Mobility Summit: Moving Ambition to Action
Michelin, a world leader in sustainable mobility and innovation, invites visionaries, entrepreneurs and green-conscious advocates to attend MOVIN’ ON, the 2017 edition of the world’s premiere and longest-running forum for sustainable mobility. For the very first time in its history, the global event is being held in Montréal, celebrating the city’s 375th Anniversary.
Conceived in collaboration with the City of Montreal and C2, the June 13-15, 2017 summit is being hosted at the Arsenal venue; convening the public and experts to innovatively move ideas to action for safe, clean, connected, efficient and inclusive mobility.
Claire Dorland-Clauzel, Executive Vice President, Sustainable Development, External Relations and Brands, Michelin Group, says “Montreal is a Smart City and every day its many commercial key players work progressively, sometimes as behind the scenes leaders, within the global sustainable mobility ecosystem. Since 1992 and the release of the 1st fuel-efficient tire, Michelin has reaffirmed its vision of effective, sustainable mobility with the goal of helping people and goods to move about more efficiently. In addition to company-level initiatives, Michelin also wants to pursue the dialogue with creative stakeholders in order to invent the future of mobility.”
Claire Dorland Clauzel continues “We all know that brainstorming can lead to breakthroughs, and that is why Michelin is working with C2 to create a tremendous laboratory for innovation. Workshops and collaborative sessions compliment the creative space and together will serve as the forum for participants to address mobility challenges for growing urban areas.”
“Montréal’s mobility ecosystem is ripe for thoughtful actions, and playing host to MOVIN’ON is a natural fit for our city,” said Denis Coderre, Mayor of Montréal. “Montreal’s forward-thinking mobility cluster, which includes global stakeholders in the aeronautical and electric clean transport sectors, plus our ongoing efforts to make the City a more electric vehicle friendly one, are all reasons to convene here for visionary exchanges.”
Ambition to Action
Movin’On will focus on moving ambition to action, with activities and discussion centering on main challenges and concrete solutions for sustainable mobility. Six ambitious themes drive the conversation:
- New transportation experiences, which include collaborative mobility, user experiences, multimodal transportation, and the innovative business model;
- Toward intelligent mobility, with key topics encompassing both big data and open data, autonomous vehicles, deep learning and predictive technology, as well as integrated mobility and Factory 4.0;
- Moonshots in mobility will cover innovative technologies, reinventing infrastructure, and dreaming the impossible;
- Circular economy development, explores the opportunities brought about by additive manufacturing (3D printing), new sustainable approaches to vehicle design and manufacturing, and durability versus planned obsolescence;
- Regulatory and policy incentives: sessions will take a look at measuring the environmental impact of our actions, financing future solutions, new regulatory tools and financial incentives, and the role of cities as key players in sustainable mobility
- Toward safe, clean and effective mobility for all : focusing on electric and lighter transportation modes, development of adapted infrastructures and improving road safety.
MOVIN’ON is a unique opportunity for private and public actors to cross pollinate their expertise and experiences for the future of mobility.
Experience the Latest Vehicles & Techs
Movin’On attendees will experience the latest vehicles and technologies from leading innovators in mobility:
- Tesla will demonstrate its latest fully autonomous vehicles.
- BMW will unveil two new models in its Mini Cooper line.
- Solar Impulse 2: see the mock-up of the solar aircraft that completed a 25,000-mile trip around the world.
- Roborace: see the first driverless fully electric race car that will compete in this new motorsports series.
- Proterra: see the zero-emission electric bus that will revolutionize urban transit fleets.
- Lito Green Motion: experience the luxury design and power of the new Sora electric bike.
Movin’On will assemble a diverse and open ecosystem of partners in sustainable mobility, including:
- CGI Group Inc.
- Dassault Systèmes
- Evonik Industries
- Pôle d’excellence Québécois en transport terrestre
- Thales Group
Announced in December 2016, Movin’On 2017 in Montreal will draw approx 3,000 participants from 35 countries to engage in a range of dynamic forums, including an exhilarating 360-degree technological platform for plenary sessions and other experiential presentations.
Movin’On 2017 will be held at the Arsenal in Montreal, Quebec, June 13-15.
Partnerships for Movin’On are available for select Michelin collaborators and key innovators in the transportation industry. See movinon.michelin.com for more information.
Movin’On is open to the general public to attend. For tickets or more information, please see movinon.michelin.com.
For pricing information and to register see movinon.michelin.com/en/buy-now/.
SOURCE Michelin Canada
If you like this, you might be interesting in reading the following:
Scotiabank Announces Sustainable Urban Mobility Initiative on Earth Day
Canadian Cities Commits to Sustainable Urban Mobility
Budget 2017 Reveals Canadian Government’s Commitment in Sustainable Urban Mobility
Malaysia Launches Electric Bicycle Program for its Public Universities
Hyperloop One Unveils its Vision for Future Urban Mobility in America
Pingback: Alstom to showcase Smart Innovations, Smarter Urban Mobility at UITP 2017 | Urban Mobility News Asia | Motion Digest